Southern Alamance HS is pleased to announce the establishment of an Athletic Hall of Fame. The organization has four categories from which inductees may be selected: Athletes, Teams, Coaches and Others who have made significant contributions to SAHS Athletics.
WHO CAN BE NOMINATED?
- Nominations will be accepted for any athlete, team, coach, administrator or contributor who through his/her commitment, sacrifice, and dedication to the Southern Alamance High School athletic program has brought pride and distinction to our school and community.
- Athlete/Team nominations will be accepted 10 years after graduation/accomplishment.
- Coach and Administrators nominations will be accepted with a minimum of 10 years of service to SAHS.
- Outstanding contributor nominations must reflect substantial contributions to SAHS.
HOW TO MAKE A NOMINATION:
- Nominations are made by completing a Hall of Fame nomination form. The forms are available online HERE
- Nomination forms will be accepted year-round. Each year’s class of nominations are due by April 30
- Once an individual has been nominated, his/her file will remain active for 5 years and he/she will continue to be considered for induction during that time. A new nomination form may be submitted after the 5 years have passed.
CRITERIA FOR INDUCTION:
The following criteria will be used for the evaluation of nominees:
- The nominee’s degree of recognition as a Southern High School athlete, coach, administrator or active supporter with alumni and the general public.
- The significance or stature of the nominee’s accomplishments as a Southern athlete/coach as determined by statistical records or the number and stature of the awards received.
- Distinctive or unique accomplishments which attracted public attention or acclaim to the nominee or Southern High School.
- The athlete’s success or prominence in life, including his/her professional career, stature in the community, and service to the school and the athletic program.